WE ARE LOCATED AT:
The Legacy Rehab
& Care Center
2812 Silver Creek Rd.
Bullhead City, AZ 86442
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- What is a therapy session actually like?
- Therapy programs are based on the needs and abilities of the individual. The intensity of each session is based on the progressing skills and tolerance levels of each patient. Rest periods are provided throughout the day to ensure optimal participation and effectiveness.
- What should the patient bring to the facility?
- Sweat suits and rubber-soled shoes or gym shoes have proven the favorite attire of patients. Four to five changes of clothes are recommended. A jacket or coat for outside activities, pajamas, underwear, slippers, and toiletry items are also needed. Please put the patient’s name on all items. Also, patients should bring a complete list of medications and any special adaptive equipment they may already have, such as a brace or artificial limb.
- When are visiting hours, and who may visit?
- Visiting hours are from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily, but exceptions may be granted. The number of visitors allowed in a patient’s room might be limited, based on the patient’s condition. We encourage family participation in the rehabilitation process to ease the transition to home.
- When is the patient discharged? How do you determine when a patient will be able to return home?
- Length of stay varies depending on each individual, their diagnosis and progress. Each patient has a treatment team that meets at least once a week to discuss specific goals and progress. Length of stay and discharge plans will be based on the patient’s progress toward these goals. The patient will be notified of discharge plans at least two days prior to discharge.
- What happens after a patient leaves?
- Programs are designed to teach patients how to prepare for their discharge before they leave. Therapies support patients in activities of work, play and daily living. Patients leave with a program that continues after discharge as well as a list of available community resources. The Social Services Director will assist in making arrangements for services needed after discharge such as outpatient therapy or homebound meals.